Ideal Welders received a Gold Medal of Recognition for the modular design, manufacture and installation of the Bobsled / Luge Run for the 2010 Olympics in Whistler, BC.
OIL & GAS
- Ideal Welders provided materials, fabrication, assembly and testing of 25 process skids making up the valve train assemblies for the boiler system at the Kearl Oilsands Project – Phase I. The project was completed through Hamworthy Peabody Combustion Inc. for B&W who were providing the boilers. A second set of skids was subsequently constructed for Kearl Phase II.
- Multiple projects for Suncor Energy. Work included fabrication of various P91/P22 piping projects, and module piping for the Firebag 3/4 and Voyageur Coker Plant projects. Also fabricated piping for turnarounds and various maintenance projects.
- Piping for the Fort Saskatchewan Upgrader project was fabricated at Ideal and transported to Alberta for installation. A total of 280,000 diameter inches of fabrication were delivered over a 12 month window.
- Work encompassed numerous valve stations, headers, a number of pigging stations, and miscellaneous P22 chrome projects for Terasen Gas over a period of 20 years.
- Projects for Spectra Energy included design and fabrication of reactor switching valves for all their Northern BC gas plants and fabrication of numerous compressor stations.
- Supply and fabrication of piping, API storage tanks, structural steel and a complete tank farm overhaul.
- Shop fabrication and field installation of a 24-inch diameter natural gas pipeline at 5 river crossings throughout southern BC as part of the Southern Crossing Pipeline.
- Supply and fabrication of a crude oil heater vessel. Project was constructed in modular components to facilitate its transport from Vancouver to the North Slope in Alaska.
- Module design, supply, fabrication and assembly of a diesel desulphurization plant. Following assembly, the modules were barged to California where the plant was erected with zero rework.
- Ideal designed, supplied material and fabricated acid gas heater bundles in Type 321 stainless steel for the Fort Nelson Gas plant.
- Our state-of-the-art steam jacketed reactor switching valve is used worldwide and is considered one of the best of its kind for sulphur recovery processing.